The Project

Project History

  • The project received authorization in 2012 from the Department of Energy to export to Free Trade Agreement (FTA) countries.
  • In July 15, 2015, Kinder Morgan and Shell announced that they have reached an agreement for Kinder Morgan to purchase 100 percent of Shell’s equity interest in Elba Liquefaction Company, LLC (ELC).
  • Prior to the announcement, Kinder Morgan owned 51 percent of the ELC joint venture and Shell owned the remaining 49 percent.
  • Shell subscribes to 100 percent of the liquefaction capacity.
  • Kinder Morgan and IHI E&C signed EPC agreement, March 30, 2016.
  • An application to export to non-FTA countries is pending.

Downloads

Contact Us

Do you have questions about our project, our website, or any of our services?

Get in touch

Offices

IHI E&C International Corp
1080 Eldridge, Ste 1300
Houston, Texas 77077

Kinder Morgan Inc
6721 FM535
Cedar Creek, Texas 78612

Offcanvas Module

Our themes are built on a responsive framework, which gives them a friendly, adaptive layout